The term ‘3Desk’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ is a trading name of ‘3Desk Ltd’ and refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 52 Avenue Road, London N6 5DR. Our company registration number is 07977593. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
You might also want to have a peek at our FAQ – the link is at the bottom of each page on the site.
1. The Basics
- An 'Employer' is a person, company or organisation which is searching for candidates to hire.
- A 'Candidate' is someone looking for employment on 3Desk.
- An 'Opportunity' is a piece of work that a Candidate does for an Employer, which the Employer posts as an Opportunity.
- An 'Invoice' is a bill for an opportunity done by a Candidate for an Employer and is raised by the Candidate or Employer. Invoices must be raised no later than 7 days after completion of a Opportunity, and must be paid within 14 days from the day they were raised.
- A ‘Message' is the communication between Employer and Candidate, which is conducted in private.
- Payments between Employer and Candidate must be processed through 3Desk unless otherwise agreed.
- To use the site, you need to register for an account, provide accurate and complete information, and keep your account information updated.
- You cannot use any company names or company logos / imagery in your Profile or promote contact details anywhere on the site. Each account must be a personal account, but you may trade as a sole trader, company or any other permitted legal entity (incorporated or unincorporated).
- Breach of these Terms & Conditions or any other Policies which apply to you, can lead to permanent closure of your account. You are solely responsible for any activity that occurs on your account, unless it is a result of actions beyond your control (such as hacking or if someone steals your password when you have taken reasonable steps to keep it secure). You may never use another person’s user account or registration information for the site.
2. Opportunities and Payment
- It is up to Candidates and Employers to negotiate the details of their projects.
- Employer and Candidate create a direct service contract between themselves and 3Desk is not party to that contract. Ownership in and to any materials and or deliverables arising from a Opportunity and any intellectual property rights therein, belong to and/or will be assigned to the Employer upon successful payment for the Opportunity. If the Employer and Candidate wish to include any special terms of the contract (for example, in relation to the ownership of the work produced, ownership of intellectual property rights or special rights of termination), the Employer and Candidate should negotiate and document these terms.
- When the Opportunity is completed and paid by the Employer, the Employer may be asked to review the Candidate and provide both qualitative feedback and a rating. This rating is used to calculate your ranking on 3Desk. We ask users to be honest and accurate as possible in these appraisals as they can affect Candidates and Employers.
3Desk charges Candidates a 5% "Commission Fee" and Employers a 5% (a total of 10%) “Commission Fee” only when an Invoice raised is paid by the Employer.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
3Desk is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
3Desk may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st March 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information through APIs from other sites - i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
You may choose to buy products or services using the website or receive additional information or services from us. When you purchase our products or request additional information, we request personal information about you such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details. We may also ask for demographic information to enable us to provide a personalised service to you. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored in our databases. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postcodes are received, we may use third party software to fix them.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: - whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes - if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 3Desk, 52 Avenue Road, London N6 5DR
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.