Required: Mandatory: CSS3, Java, Jquery, HTML5 - Design Degree or equivalent experience. Knowledge of current SEO best practice.
Preferred: Desired: Experience of retail and ecommerce design, Experience of muti-platform shopping, mobile, and other media. Video editing software, After Effects, Premiere. Flash.
Useful: knowledge of wine
Estimated length: 4 months
This is a really wonderful opportunity to join a vibrant friendly ecommerce design team for a household name retailer. You will love food and wine, you will have a great design portfolio available to view online. You will know how to use CSS3, Java, Jquery, HTML5, you will have amazing ideas and will love getting creative.
This fast paced enthusiastic department require a creative team player to contribute fresh ideas, someone who can also support existing template designs, promote brand values, and is able to project manage, you will report into the Graphic Design Manager.
• To provide creative ideas and graphical treatments, blend photography, imagery, text and multimedia elements to create high–impact sales collateral, website designs and graphics.
• Plan, schedule and deliver work on time and presented to the highest standard.
• Translate design briefs into clear, effective and engaging solutions fit for purpose.
• Promote and deliver Waitrose brand values.
• Challenge briefs, offer creative initiative, and push for design excellence.
• Produce creative conceptual ideas and layouts leading to ‘best in class’ design solutions. Follow each project through the stages of presentation, artwork, proofing to its final build/live conclusion.
• Maintain clear communication with the graphic design, merchandising and content teams on all design projects, providing help, advice, design guidelines, visuals and assets to enable other teams to produce finished pages.
• Understand emerging trends in design and technical advancements within the industry