We're on of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, and has been creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. Across the globe, we are a leader in investing in research and development and we also invest in our employees – in competitive salaries, training and development, and health.
The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable leaders to help us continue bringing innovation to patients.
GSS is comprised of multiple therapeutic areas and based on experience, interest, and need, the analyst will be placed in one of the therapeutic areas, which are: Diabetes/Endocrine, Internal Medicine/Auto immune diseases, Neuroscience, and Oncology
Statistician develops or assists in the development of protocol designs, clinical plans, and data analysis plans in collaboration with physicians, veterinarians, and/or medical colleagues.
The Project Statistician is responsible for working with research associates and scientists to establish a reporting database and for analyzing data for these types of studies.
The application of these tasks may vary, based upon current business needs.
Statistical Trial Design and Analysis:
• Operate in collaboration with study personnel to provide input on study protocol, design studies and write protocols for the conduct of each study.
• Assist in or be accountable for selecting statistical methods for data analysis, authoring the corresponding sections of the protocol, and conducting the actual analysis once a reporting database is created.
• Collaborate with data management in the planning and implementation of data quality assurance plans.
• Maintain currency with respect to statistical methodology, to maintain proficiency in applying new and varied methods, and to be competent in justifying methods selected.
• Participate in peer-review work products from other statistical colleagues.
Communication of Results and Inferences:
• Collaborate with team members to write reports and communicate results.
• Assist with, or be responsible for, communicating study results via regulatory submissions, manuscripts, or oral presentations in group settings, as well as for communicating one-on-one with key customers and presenting at scientific meetings. Respond to regulatory queries and to interact with regulators.
Therapeutic Area and Systems Knowledge
• Understand relevant disease states in order to enhance the level of customer focus and collaboration.
• Ensure replication of tools and systems, where applicable and stay informed of technological advances.
Regulatory and Quality Compliance
• Perform work in full compliance with assigned curriculum(s) and will be responsible for following applicable corporate, medical, local, and departmental policies, procedures, processes, and training.