The Front End Software Developer must be a results oriented, driven individual with a passion for achieving their best. This individual will be responsible for building high-performance, scalable, robust systems leveraging a range of technologies. As a key member of the Digital engineering team, this candidate, will contribute to the long-term technological direction of our on-line suite of product offerings, interact heavily with Product Development and be expected to hold a leadership role within their development group.
• Work with other team members to accurately estimate stories within the SCRUM methodology.
• Design and implement features in collaboration with other developers, QA engineers, and the technology leadership team inline with the SCRUM methodology.
• Identify and propose new components and/or refactoring strategies of legacy implementations in balance with business priorities.
• Work with product owners to refine business requirements into clear, concise functional requirements.
• Work with Product Development to develop a phased approach to product delivery and release.
• Work with senior members of the organization to develop a logically decoupled, extensible architecture.
• Write abstract, loosely coupled code that can be reused and extended for future development by other engineers.
• Develop test suites inline with organizational policy (unit tests, integration suites).
• Conduct regular design and peer code reviews to not only improve quality being delivered by the group but to also increase code coverage.
• Produce accurate work estimates that can be used to plan schedules, and work diligently to meet them.
• Participate in all types of testing; conduct acceptance tests, stress tests, and tune performance.
• Integrate 3rd party software and toolsets through documented SDK's.
• Provide recommendations for new project initiatives.
• 5+ years experience in the development of modern enterprise applications, primarily focusing on the user interface.
• Solid understanding of core programming principles.
• Experience with java script libraries like Jquery.
• Experience with templating technologies like Velocity, PHPTemplate, Smarty etc.
• Experience with object oriented programming.